Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: EvoM on March 06, 2007, 05:51:31 pm
-
Hi,
wondered if anyone could suggest a starting point for adhesive vinyl and a poly propolyne on my Z3100. From what I've read, it seems the initial choice can make a difference when making a new profile and calibrating the paper. I would assume starting with the matt but any heads up would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. haven't updated the firmware as yet (mac) but probably will before doing the cal's & profiles.
Evo
-
For both I have used simple "matt paper" on Z2100. Polypropylene works fine, Vinyl is a little bit critical in areas with very much ink. For those materials I prefer my Epson 9600, but this is caused by other problems with the HP Z2100: Most of my Files to print on vinyl and fabric are larger than two meter and the HP doesn't print out of acrobat in high resolutions (higher than 300 dpi) such long documents. From my XP-box (but not from Mac OSX) I can print four meter on the Epson 9600 without problems. Second problem: if HP runs out of ink it kills my printjob - very expensive in the middle of a long print. Those printers are designed for photo and not production use.
Greetings
Martin
-
Thanks Martin,
So with the adhesive vinyl, did you have to limit the ink output somehow? Both the adhesive vinyl and polyprop are coated for uv inkjet (i.e. Z3100) and was bought from my Z3100 dealer but i haven't profiled tested yet. Thanks for your comments.
Evo
-
Yes, vinyl should not be profiled as photo matte or fine art paper to avoid high ink limits. At the moment I don't use HP vinyl, so I can't speak about this.
-
Thanks again!