Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: larkvi on March 06, 2007, 03:11:35 pm

Title: Problems with image display
Post by: larkvi on March 06, 2007, 03:11:35 pm
I am having problems with the recent images from the Antartic trip. Whenever I view the images alone, the left side fo the image is broken up in the site navigation div. I have replicated this behavior in the latest versions of Camino, Safari, and Firefox for the Mac, so I am confident this is not a browser problem, but a site-coding problem.

I am have replicated the problem in all three browsers using the following two images:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-p...set-bergs.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/sunset-bergs.shtml)
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-p...in%20pool.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/penguin%20pool.shtml)

Presumably the other images in the same format have the same problems.

-Sean
Title: Problems with image display
Post by: francois on March 06, 2007, 03:26:25 pm
Quote
I am having problems with the recent images from the Antartic trip. Whenever I view the images alone, the left side fo the image is broken up in the site navigation div. I have replicated this behavior in the latest versions of Camino, Safari, and Firefox for the Mac, so I am confident this is not a browser problem, but a site-coding problem.

I am have replicated the problem in all three browsers using the following two images:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-p...set-bergs.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/sunset-bergs.shtml)
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-p...in%20pool.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/penguin%20pool.shtml)

Presumably the other images in the same format have the same problems.

-Sean
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105062\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sean,
Browser windows need to be wider than ~1200 pixels otherwise, as you mentioned, the image will overlap the left navigation column.
Title: Problems with image display
Post by: larkvi on March 06, 2007, 04:34:59 pm
Quote
Sean,
Browser windows need to be wider than ~1200 pixels otherwise, as you mentioned, the image will overlap the left navigation column.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, well, the native resolution of my last-year iBook is only 1024x768, so that is not possible. Given the prevalence of this resolution in notebook displays, that seems like a design flaw to me.

-Sean
Title: Problems with image display
Post by: francois on March 07, 2007, 03:16:53 am
Quote
Ah, well, the native resolution of my last-year iBook is only 1024x768, so that is not possible. Given the prevalence of this resolution in notebook displays, that seems like a design flaw to me.

-Sean
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105076\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I also do think that it's a design flow. FWIW, when I travel, I'm using an old iBook.