Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: idenford on March 06, 2007, 09:08:00 am
-
Thinking of buying another alien bees strobe. Not sure whether to get 800, or 400 watt light. Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of light when using less wattage versus more. I am not doing shots that require huge amounts of power. From anybody's epxeriece, what's the difference in the quality of the light?
-
The quality of light is about the same. Quality is controlled by light modifiers added to the light and the light to subject distance. It is the quantity that changes by about stop. In my experience, lights of the same power are much easier to balance and predict your results. I would add another of whatever power and brand you have. A watt second varies from maker to maker.
-
The quality of light is about the same. Quality is controlled by light modifiers added to the light and the light to subject distance. It is the quantity that changes by about stop. In my experience, lights of the same power are much easier to balance and predict your results. I would add another of whatever power and brand you have. A watt second varies from maker to maker.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104997\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
sounds good I will add another 800w strobe as I have one already that is a ring light but can be used with a diffuser to emulate a normal strobe. Thanks