Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ricgal on March 04, 2007, 05:51:49 pm

Title: 4000 clogging solved
Post by: ricgal on March 04, 2007, 05:51:49 pm
I read somewhere,  maybe on this forum, that a guitar humidifier prevents clogging-  I have taken to puttiing an Oasis humidifier next to the head when the machine is off and lodging the lid open a fraction so a to prevent the head moving if i turn it on forgetting to remove the humidifier.  So far i have had no clogs even if left off for a couple of days.  This is so different to before.
Title: 4000 clogging solved
Post by: Kirk Gittings on March 04, 2007, 07:34:41 pm
That was me with the guitar humidifier. What is an Oasis humidifier?
Title: 4000 clogging solved
Post by: ricgal on March 05, 2007, 06:11:24 pm
Thanks for the tip Kirk-  here is the link http://www.oasishumidifiers.com/original.html (http://www.oasishumidifiers.com/original.html)
they seem pretty leakproof  so far!
Do you put yours right next to the head?
Title: 4000 clogging solved
Post by: Kirk Gittings on March 05, 2007, 07:03:27 pm
That is different than mine but it might work better. Who knows? Yes I pit it right next to the head and put a plastic sheet over the printer.

By the way I haven't had a clog in well over a year.
Title: 4000 clogging solved
Post by: Brian Gilkes on March 06, 2007, 06:05:52 am
Humidity certainly has a big part to play.
In other threads room humidifyers have been suggested too.

Kirk, do you use cotton art papers?
I believe the fibres from these papers flying into the machine after cutting cause problems.
If I use autoclean to fix clogs (on a 9800) a clean section can suddenly appear with more clogs and a clean moves the clogs to new nozzles.
I'm looking for something like a bottle of distilled water maybe with a small amount of pure sufactant that could squirt the crud off and than some sort of vaccuum to such the liquid away. For this the print head would have to be moved from the resting pad. I would be very interested if someone has worked with this sort of solution and has a workflow .
Cheers,
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au