Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Henry Goh on March 02, 2007, 04:00:03 am
-
I'm about to switch from a Sony CRT to a wide screen LCD, probably a 20" or 21" model. Does anyone have experience using Lightroom on such an LCD? Does Lightroom layout take advantage of the wide screen at all?
Thanks for any feedback.
Henry
-
I'm about to switch from a Sony CRT to a wide screen LCD, probably a 20" or 21" model. Does anyone have experience using Lightroom on such an LCD? Does Lightroom layout take advantage of the wide screen at all?
Thanks for any feedback.
Henry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104162\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Henry,
LR's layout seems optimized for wide screen monitor. I haven't used LR on a non-wide monitor and I guess that I would probably have to hide the side palettes most of the time.
-
Henry - I have been using it on my 21" Samsung and its great !
I will be looking for a new monitor (Wider Cleaner - maybe with some colour profiling hardware built in. ) - at the PICA show in Melbourne come May - so with any luck it will be even better !
Doc
.
-
I'm about to switch from a Sony CRT to a wide screen LCD, probably a 20" or 21" model. Does anyone have experience using Lightroom on such an LCD? Does Lightroom layout take advantage of the wide screen at all?
Thanks for any feedback.
Henry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104162\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Henry I have used LR on Apple laptops and screens up to the 30" Cinema display.
Wide screen displays are nicer to use, but I usually run with the panels in auto show / hide mode.
You will enjoy the larger screen.
-
I'm using LR on an Apple 23" ACD and it fills the screen nicely. I also prefer to utilize the autohide feature for the panels. One nice thing about LR is that it's so easy and quick to manipulate the viewing area.
-
Looks like wide screen is the way to go. I'm not very familiar with LCDs but read somewhere that I should be buying one with s-IPS panel. Could one of you please tell me what is s-IPS and why I need it. I regularly calibrate my monitors using an eye-one display kit.
Thanks in advance.
-
Looks like wide screen is the way to go. I'm not very familiar with LCDs but read somewhere that I should be buying one with s-IPS panel. Could one of you please tell me what is s-IPS and why I need it. I regularly calibrate my monitors using an eye-one display kit.
Thanks in advance.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=104232\")
I'm using a Dell 3007WFP and lightroom is glorious in widescreen.
S-IPS are supposedly better with color reprodution and viewing angles. Check out [a href=\"http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039222]this link.[/url]
-
Henry I have used LR on Apple laptops and screens up to the 30" Cinema display.
Wide screen displays are nicer to use, but I usually run with the panels in auto show / hide mode.
You will enjoy the larger screen.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104195\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Sid, I have just switched from 19" CRT to a Dell 2007WFP superwide. The Lightroom experience is definitely enhanced, and on a sidenote, I got quite a good profile with ColorEyes Display - was pleasantly surprised that the Dell is DDC compliant - did not have to fiddle with the buttons, everythng is done automatically.
One question for anyone who knows the answer. I run the side panels on "manual." Is there a way to make the width sticky. I pull out the right panel to maximum width, but when I restart Lightroom they are back to minimum - aaargh!
-
Hi Sid, I have just switched from 19" CRT to a Dell 2007WFP superwide. The Lightroom experience is definitely enhanced, and on a sidenote, I got quite a good profile with ColorEyes Display - was pleasantly surprised that the Dell is DDC compliant - did not have to fiddle with the buttons, everythng is done automatically.
One question for anyone who knows the answer. I run the side panels on "manual." Is there a way to make the width sticky. I pull out the right panel to maximum width, but when I restart Lightroom they are back to minimum - aaargh!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104381\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm quite certain you can save your workspace layout in one of the menus at the top. I don't have it in front of me (I'm on an illicit Burmese computer with a satellite internet connection being fed through Cambodia), but I think I remember that option.
-
I'm using a Dell 3007WFP and lightroom is glorious in widescreen.
S-IPS are supposedly better with color reprodution and viewing angles. Check out this link. (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039222)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I just got the 3007WFP-HC also, and it is a dream for Lightroom.