Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: dwdallam on February 28, 2007, 02:58:29 am

Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: dwdallam on February 28, 2007, 02:58:29 am
I want to show the red see through mask color when I add an adjustment layer, so I know where I am painting--not just solid black or white while PC>ALT clicking the mask.

I can't find any information on how to do this. Anyone know how?
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: orangekay on February 28, 2007, 03:55:44 am
Option + shift click the mask
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: dwdallam on February 28, 2007, 04:59:37 am
Quote
Option + shift click the mask
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103690\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah go figure. Thanks. haha
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: Chris_T on February 28, 2007, 08:33:33 am
Quote
I want to show the red see through mask color when I add an adjustment layer, so I know where I am painting--not just solid black or white while PC>ALT clicking the mask.

I can't find any information on how to do this. Anyone know how?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103680\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When the adjustment layer's mask is activated, the "\" key will toggle the red see through color on and off.

I hit this key by mistake to find it. Perhaps I should make more mistakes. <g>
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: dwdallam on March 21, 2007, 01:16:34 am
Quote
When the adjustment layer's mask is activated, the "\" key will toggle the red see through color on and off.

I hit this key by mistake to find it. Perhaps I should make more mistakes. <g>
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That did not work for me. Also, I forgot waht the "Option" key is on the PC. You would think adobe would make the red mask visible by defualt, not make you hunt for it.
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: francois on March 21, 2007, 04:27:13 am
Quote
That did not work for me. Also, I forgot waht the "Option" key is on the PC. You would think adobe would make the red mask visible by defualt, not make you hunt for it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107811\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On a PC it should be ALT + SHIFT click the mask. The red mask is diplayed when you start painting your mask.
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: dwdallam on March 23, 2007, 05:21:27 am
Quote
On a PC it should be ALT + SHIFT click the mask. The red mask is diplayed when you start painting your mask.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107827\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Thanks Fran.
Title: Photoshop CS2 Fill/Adjustment Layer Question
Post by: dwdallam on May 03, 2007, 05:07:02 am
I have another question about masks. I want to use the mask so I can create a scetion of the image that is precise not only in size and edge but feathering too, obviously, and then edit it using levels, or whatever. Is there anyway to do that while in mask, or must you "Load Selection" to load the mask selection, and then apply adjustments like you would after a selection? If you need to select the image part that is unpainted, what is th e best way to do that other than load selection?