Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: RoyPan on February 26, 2007, 04:41:42 pm

Title: Canon ipf5000 and Hahnemuhle FinArt Pearl
Post by: RoyPan on February 26, 2007, 04:41:42 pm
When printing with media that uses photo black as oppose to matt black, I get the teeth marks on the print from the metal wheels that are pushing the paper out.
I have tried different setting on the media I use but none seems to do it. It is not a problem with any Fine Art paper setting because it uses matt black. But I want to use a semi-gloss media type. Any ideas?
Title: Canon ipf5000 and Hahnemuhle FinArt Pearl
Post by: John Hollenberg on February 26, 2007, 05:00:32 pm
Quote
When printing with media that uses photo black as oppose to matt black, I get the teeth marks on the print from the metal wheels that are pushing the paper out.
I have tried different setting on the media I use but none seems to do it. It is not a problem with any Fine Art paper setting because it uses matt black. But I want to use a semi-gloss media type. Any ideas?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=103340\")

No, only to say that there seem to be a number of people reporting similar problems with this particular paper on the IPF5000 Wiki:

[a href=\"http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com]http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com[/url]

There is currently a thread in the discussion forum there discussing this issue.  Come join us!

--John