Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: iggam on February 23, 2007, 06:03:36 am
-
I am trying to use my Canon iPF5000 with Hahnemühle Torchon with A4 paper format from the "cassette" (...the tray for non-iPF5000 users). I am often getting a "Can't detect paper" error; however, exactly the same paper was used for profiling and no such problem occurred.
Also, in the few occasions the paper loads, I am getting some ink spilled on the corners of the paper (the right ones, when you look the paper in landscape position).
Any experience about these issues?
Stefano
-
I am trying to use my Canon iPF5000 with Hahnemühle Torchon with A4 paper format from the "cassette" (...the tray for non-iPF5000 users). I am often getting a "Can't detect paper" error; however, exactly the same paper was used for profiling and no such problem occurred.
Also, in the few occasions the paper loads, I am getting some ink spilled on the corners of the paper (the right ones, when you look the paper in landscape position).
Any experience about these issues?
Torchon is probably outside the specs of the cassette, which is limited to 12-13 mil thickness. What is the thickness for this paper? Check exact specs in the FAQ on the IPF5000 Wiki:
http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com (http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com)
Some people are successful in feeding papers that are out of spec from the cassette, but if you can't there isn't much you can do about it. Canon will only support to their specifications.
--John
-
Thanks John, I was not aware of that limitation. Torchon paper is in fact 0.5 mm (19.9 mil) thick, which is outside the specifications. However, when I use Photo Rag 308, which is roughly the same thickness as Torchon, I have much less problems. I suspect that the coarse surface of torchon could have some role in this.