Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Scott_H on November 24, 2003, 06:42:30 pm

Title: First wildlife photography-elk
Post by: Scott_H on November 24, 2003, 06:42:30 pm
Looks pretty good for a first attempt.  Especially compared to some of my fuzzy photos of white tail and red foxes.
Title: First wildlife photography-elk
Post by: jeffball on November 22, 2003, 10:30:58 pm
You know how it starts...first landscape, then wildlife or something like that.  I have never done wildlife shooting, but the video journal gave me enough information to be dangerous.  I had just received the 70-200mm f2.8 IS lens with the 1.4x and discovered an elk viewing habitat within 2 hours of my house.  I signed up for the trip and gave it a go.  I also put to use the Delkin picture pad.  Now, I am just a rank novice, but this was a tremendous joy to do.  The elk were just spectacular in this environment.  I plan on returning frequently to this wildlife management area in hopes of getting "the shot."  It was a great learning experience for me and I hope to improve on subsequent attempts.  I put up a webpage for my fellow tourists to see the pictures.  I hope you like it and if you have any suggestions I am all ears.  Thanks.

http://www.jeffball.biz/elk_2003.htm (http://www.jeffball.biz/elk_2003.htm)

Jeff Ball