Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 03, 2026, 05:44:48 am
-
From a recent, but very short visit to Sedona.
Originally went to Sedona 47 years ago and there was very little housing or development there. Still beautiful and wild.
But now? Jeez. The place is covered in houses, including this one (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-e&hs=gk2&sca_esv=2ffa9d8057b66fa2&udm=2&fbs=ABfTbFVyMZGZf1hfvX9uKjN_-G8c4u0nXx4bEIpwm1lnNH832VTJOOCxW_fyN-Q_ezyf8gKCPb62Sv4Y60wQDsMxJw_GPIZkctzkqISrBUBua3GiJMAb3-OT-IG_Z2lunN1FkxWOfVKp3rVCo7xCuUf3JfPEYS_76Ah0bRiQDpC7ZuIkzu6OuTAPPXPZEzZs4umedpgttJIfcXA5WD8vJfc2xqVvyNgOeA&q=sedona+building+on+side+of+rock&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqu_HNlISWAxWQVEEAHQ3GE2AQtKgLegQIFxAB&biw=1280&bih=576&dpr=1#sv=CAMSVhoyKhBlLU1SeFdnMDA3Tkl3ZktNMg5NUnhXZzAwN05Jd2ZLTToOSVZVWndVSk9scHZ0UU0gBCocCgZtb3NhaWMSEGUtTVJ4V2cwMDdOSXdmS00YADABGAcg7q3P-gZKCBABGAEgASgB)
Yikes how things changed - and not always for the better imho :o
Dave
-
Beautiful shots in the red country…
I had the same reaction about the "development" of Sedona. :(
-
Beautiful shots in the red country…
I had the same reaction about the "development" of Sedona. :(
Yet one of the best things we found when we there, other than the scenery of course. Was what we found in the main Safeway Store (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sedona+Candle+Gallery/@34.8644524,-111.8002807,3a,75y,352.61h,98.2t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s6uHKK4vfll9ALlnZxx22zw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fcb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26pitch%3D-8.197217564627309%26panoid%3D6uHKK4vfll9ALlnZxx22zw%26yaw%3D352.6065438083974!7i16384!8i8192!4m15!1m8!3m7!1s0x872da132f942b00d:0x5548c523fa6c8efd!2sSedona,+AZ+86336,+USA!3b1!8m2!3d34.8617598!4d-111.8139436!16zL20vMG55NTc!3m5!1s0x872da3e2ec02e22f:0xb6258b16b0854876!8m2!3d34.8711964!4d-111.7600592!16s%2Fg%2F1tdn4kq_?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI2MDgxMS4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D) (what we would call a supermarket). They were selling hot, sweet chilli Buffalo wings, which were absolutely amazing.
If I lived in Sedona, I know I would be going into that store every day. Filling a box to the brim with them and stuffing them my face until I burst. They really were that good.
Like a crack cocaine version of cooked chicken thighs :o
Dave
-
The funniest thing I saw in Sedona - a long time ago - was a big sign on a post, in front of a shop. They did provide "Crystal and Stone readings" so you could have a glimpse into your future! On top of that sign, a large sticker did show "Out of business". Obviously, they failed to see their own demise.
-
Wonderful set.