Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Epilger on July 31, 2026, 03:32:20 pm
-
Just purchased the Epson F-9570H with the orange and violet ink set and I was told by Wasatch that they had a color profile made for this printer and ink set for printing on Chromaluxe. But that was false, found out when I was installing the machine they only have a profile made for the light magenta and light cyan ink set. Just wondering if anyone on here is using this printer with the same ink set and RIP and if they would mind sharing the profile. I know IT supplies has a profile for it, but I don't want to change over to Print Factory's RIP and I don't want to use Epson's edge print pro that shipped with the printer.
-
FWIW, PrintFactory is very good and builds good profiles.
-
Thanks for the response. I have never used Print Factory and I was trying to stay away from leaning another RIP, and then having to profile it. I was hoping for the same plug and play options in Wasatch that came with my F-7200.
-
Do you not have a spectrophotometer? At least an i1pro (version 1 or 2)? With that level of printing hardware it would be well worth it to be able to make your own profiles, and you could definitely do that with Wasatch, even if you have to measure by hand if you don't have something like a Barbieri LFP or an i1io table. In my experience with dye-sub on chromaluxe I had a ton of variance with weather and I was relinearizing every day, sometimes multiple times a day.
-
I do have a spectrophotometer, but it's from 2012 so I would need to replace that unit with an updated and better unit. That's crazy that you had to relinearize your machine so often. I only notice a shift if I don't shake the ink tanks enough.