Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 27, 2026, 01:11:51 pm

Title: footballer, paris
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 27, 2026, 01:11:51 pm
Montmartre

Jeremy
Title: Re: footballer, paris
Post by: degrub on July 28, 2026, 12:09:21 am
Unreal !
How was that image captured ?
Title: Re: footballer, paris
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 28, 2026, 03:36:10 am
I stood in front of him, pointed the camera and pressed the button!

It was about 15 years ago. Near Sacré-Coeur, the streets were full of noisy wastes of space, singing badly to overly loud music from their CD players and calling it "busking". This chap was different. He had a ball; he climbed the lamp post and hung there; as I remember, he took off his T-shirt while hanging, all the time balancing the ball. It was hugely impressive. I was transfixed and put a generous amount in the cap on the ground.

I was shooting against the light, I knew very much less about photography than I know now, and he ended up rather under-exposed. Only recently, with the advent of high-quality noise reduction software, have I found it possible to process the shots into something usable. I wish I'd taken more!

Jeremy
Title: Re: footballer, paris
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 29, 2026, 07:17:00 am
But, of course! ;)
Title: Re: footballer, paris
Post by: francois on July 31, 2026, 08:36:05 am
Spectacular shot.