Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Camera Raw Q&A => Topic started by: marvpelkey on June 22, 2026, 05:53:06 pm

Title: Dual Monitors
Post by: marvpelkey on June 22, 2026, 05:53:06 pm
Forgive my description of these items as I am not at my editing computer to confirm proper verbiage.

I use two monitors and, in PS, have them set up so the workspace is on the main monitor so only the image takes up that space, while all the editing dialogue boxes etc are on the second monitor.

Having said that, when I open a raw image (via PS) in Camera Raw, CR opens on the main monitor, with the image area and all the editing dialogues etc in the same panel(?).

Is there an easy way to separate the CR workspace/image area from the editing dialogues so I can do the same as PS above? I took an amateurs run at it with no success.
Title: Re: Dual Monitors
Post by: digitaldog on June 22, 2026, 05:59:25 pm
The short answer is no; the GUI is fixed; you cannot split the tools across two displays.
Title: Re: Dual Monitors
Post by: marvpelkey on June 23, 2026, 04:12:54 pm
Thanks for the quick reply.