Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on June 12, 2026, 03:19:25 pm
-
Hello everyone. I used to post here but let it lapse but I am back. I can't remember what I have previously posted so I may show you images that you have seen before. I think that I will post an old image and a modern one so you may be able to see a difference in approach and quality as I change from Olympus E410 a 10Mp 4/3rds camera to my present Sony A7R5. However at 1600px wide perhaps the quality differences will not show, The 2 starting images are from a cycling trip to Sardinia in 2008 and a Kelpie image from a trip to Scotland last week. I hope that I have attached the images properly, if not then a word or 2 of advice will help. Ken
-
attachement is fine;
the coastal photo has a lot of contrast... maybe it is the downsampling? - or you just like it like that...? a very nice photo just the same!
the BW horses too but it has a meaning... would be better without the people - is that why jou darkened it?
-
Welcome back, Ken.
I like the drama in the coastal shot but you've quite a halo on the left-hand hills.
It's always good to see different takes on the kelpies. This one looks a tad dark and gives the one on the left a sightly menacing air.
Jeremy
-
I like the people in the Kelpies image. They give a sense of scale. I agree it is a tad dark for my taste.
Best wishes,
Jonathan
-
"It was a dark and stormy night...."
Kelpies are great. Straight out of mythology.
-
Thanks for the comments. I agree that the coastal is far too high in contrast it comes from a time (2008) when I thought that if a little contrast was good then a lot of contrast must be better, I have learnt otherwise in the 18 years since then. I have also found out 1 how to remove halos and 2 how not to produce them in the first place. The Kelpies image was taken in a cold, dull, wet and overcast (dreich) day. My mono images are often very dark or high key and ethereal, seldom "normal". Ken