Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gchappel on May 26, 2026, 01:01:47 pm

Title: Canon pro4100- end of roll error message?
Post by: gchappel on May 26, 2026, 01:01:47 pm
Canon pro 4100 Printer works great- except when I get to near the end of the roll of paper- 10feet or so left- I get an error message that there is not enough paper to complete the print.   Error code 1021.  I am printing 24x36" prints-- there is enough paper left over for at least 3 prints.   This happens with different papers.
Is there a way to force printing with the remaining paper??   I can't find it.   I hate to throw away that much paper end of roll.
Thanks for any input.
gary
Title: Re: Canon pro4100- end of roll error message?
Post by: aaronleitz on May 26, 2026, 02:59:15 pm
Under "device settings" and then "paper related settings" there are some menu items where you can disable the warning/autostop.

But I would be careful not to print so close to the end of a roll that the paper detaches from the core. I got a little piece of tape stuck in the platen/feed area of my Canon 4100 that I had to extract with an exacto blade and it was a stressful experience. I usually leave a foot or two on the roll if possible and then cut that up into sheets for proofing.
Title: Re: Canon pro4100- end of roll error message?
Post by: gchappel on May 26, 2026, 09:27:59 pm
Thanks for the help.   I will give those settings a try.
gary