Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jtunney on May 22, 2026, 04:23:55 pm

Title: 3rd party inks for canon ipf8400?
Post by: jtunney on May 22, 2026, 04:23:55 pm
I just found out that Canon has discontinued inks for the ipf8400. Can anyone recommend any 3rd party inks? My printer has lasted more than 12 years, so no complaints really, but having bought new print heads at the end of last year I'd like to avoid buying a new printer if possible.

thanks.

John
Title: Re: 3rd party inks for canon ipf8400?
Post by: Richard.Wills on May 26, 2026, 03:27:55 pm
Try InkJetMall
https://shop.inkjetmall.com/Canon
Title: Re: 3rd party inks for canon ipf8400?
Post by: Czornyj on May 26, 2026, 04:12:58 pm
I would use OEM expired inks as long as they'll be available on ebay, which should be long enough. Using 3rd party inks in ipf8400 is problematic due to sub tank system and may kill print heads sooner as well.
Title: Re: 3rd party inks for canon ipf8400?
Post by: raminolta on September 17, 2026, 10:08:24 am
I used third party inks in my ipf6400 for a couple of years and never had any problem with the printer. Once, I was away on a trip and didn't use the printer for about six months or so. A deep cleaning took care of the issue. Of course, it depends on where you get your inks from.