Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on May 21, 2026, 03:16:51 am
-
In September 2025, Fujifilm Italy kindly loaned me a Fujifilm GFX100RF, letting me keep it until April 2026 to try it out for my landscape work. Over the six months I had the camera, except for about a month over Christmas and New Year I have been on the road non-stop, both for my personal work and to lead Workshops.
The camera has been with me all over the world: Italy (Cinque Terre & Tuscany), Spain (Asturias & the Northern Coast), the USA (Oregon, Death Valley and the Southwest), Ireland (the Northern Coast), then Italy again (Comacchio’s lagoons), Scotland (Glencoe & the Isle of Skye), Ireland (the Northern Coast again), Iceland and finally on the Faroe Islands.
Technically speaking, this gave me the opportunity to test it on the most diverse variety of landscapes, from the ocean to the mountains, from dry deserts to boggy moorlands and everything in between, and use it under all sorts of weather conditions, from gale force winds to rain and snow, and temperatures from mild end of summer in Spain to extremely cold winters in the north of Europe.
Artistically speaking, this allowed me to put it through its paces on a wide variety of photographic situations, from iconic vistas to intimate, minimalist compositions, requiring different treatment both at the time of shooting and when it came to post-process the files.
The article linked below the result of these six months on the road. As always, my findings and my conclusions are based on my work as a Fine Art landscape photographer; if you do a different kind of photography, my conclusions might not apply to you. Enjoy!
https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2026/05/fujifilm-gfx100rf-review.html (https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2026/05/fujifilm-gfx100rf-review.html)
Best regards,
Vieri
-
seems your server is OUT...
-
seems your server is OUT...
Nothing wrong with my server, for some reason LuLa added my link with an extra http in front of the actual address. Fixed now.
Best,
Vieri
-
Some really nice stuff... you would love the Leica Q3 Monochrome 8)
-
Some really nice stuff... you would love the Leica Q3 Monochrome 8)
Thank you very much Bob, happy you enjoyed the work! About the Q3 Monochrom, I have been using Leica forever and have been an Ambassador for them for two years between 2016-2018. I just sold my M11 Monochrom, I know the brand and all their product extremely well, and I decided against the Q3 Monochrom when I went for the GFX100RF. Red dot mystique aside, I think the GFX100RF is just the better camera of the two.
Best regards,
Vieri
-
Thank you very much Bob, happy you enjoyed the work! About the Q3 Monochrom, I have been using Leica forever and have been an Ambassador for them for two years between 2016-2018. I just sold my M11 Monochrom, I know the brand and all their product extremely well, and I decided against the Q3 Monochrom when I went for the GFX100RF. Red dot mystique aside, I think the GFX100RF is just the better camera of the two.
Best regards,
Vieri
and... I do have a GFX100s, which is my main landscape camera... so I have no complaints. just loving my Q3M is all,,,, your monochrome work which is quite impressive!
-
and... I do have a GFX100s, which is my main landscape camera... so I have no complaints. just loving my Q3M is all,,,, your monochrome work which is quite impressive!
The Q3 Monochrom is a great camera in its own right of course, glad you are enjoying it. Thank you for your kind comments about my work, much appreciated!
Best regards,
Vieri
-
I enjoyed the review, thank you Vieri.
Best regards,
Giorgio
-
I enjoyed the review, thank you Vieri.
Best regards,
Giorgio
Hello Giorgio,
thank you very much, i am happy you enjoyed the read! Best regards,
Vieri