Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Raul_Rodriguez on May 13, 2026, 01:07:51 pm

Title: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Raul_Rodriguez on May 13, 2026, 01:07:51 pm
I found all of New Mexico quite beautiful, but White Sands was definitely the stand out. I shot  these with my old Canon 6D with the  EF 100mm and some with the Sigma 50mm Art

(https://i.imgur.com/RPdXiq1.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/t75b0Ve.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/ZP6HM4k.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/WyKGros.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/eHm8fSX.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/WxaY3v9.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/1JO0PeU.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/mSTiBkI.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/gK57dM4.jpeg)

Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 13, 2026, 02:24:05 pm
All I see is "content not viewable in your region".

Jeremy
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Raul_Rodriguez on May 13, 2026, 03:05:43 pm
All I see is "content not viewable in your region".

Jeremy

It’s just Imgur links. Do you know if Imgur is blocked somewhere? Where are you located? It looks fine to me.
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: degrub on May 13, 2026, 10:03:35 pm
All lovely. Prefer #4, 5, 7, and 8. Particularly 7 & 8.
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 14, 2026, 05:28:55 am
It’s just Imgur links. Do you know if Imgur is blocked somewhere? Where are you located? It looks fine to me.

I'm in England, and apparently Imgur is blocked in the UK: see here (https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/41592665292443-Imgur-access-in-the-United-Kingdom). No explanation is given.

However, using a VPN to make me appear to be elsewhere, I was able to see your images. I like them; and I agree with you that it's a fantastic place.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 14, 2026, 07:22:03 am
I'm in England, and apparently Imgur is blocked in the UK: see here (https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/41592665292443-Imgur-access-in-the-United-Kingdom). No explanation is given.

However, using a VPN to make me appear to be elsewhere, I was able to see your images. I like them; and I agree with you that it's a fantastic place.

Jeremy

Yep, blocked for me too here in Scotland  :(

Dave
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Raul_Rodriguez on May 14, 2026, 04:02:42 pm
I'm in England, and apparently Imgur is blocked in the UK: see here (https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/41592665292443-Imgur-access-in-the-United-Kingdom). No explanation is given.

However, using a VPN to make me appear to be elsewhere, I was able to see your images. I like them; and I agree with you that it's a fantastic place.

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy!

Regarding Imgur, this is news to me. Here's what Google says about it: "As of September 30, 2025, Imgur voluntarily blocked access for UK users, rather than being banned by the UK government, to avoid complying with strict regulatory requirements under the Online Safety Act and potential fines. The decision followed investigations into data privacy and child safety standards". So there you have it.

I'll have to find another site to host images. Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Raul_Rodriguez on May 14, 2026, 04:05:37 pm
All lovely. Prefer #4, 5, 7, and 8. Particularly 7 & 8.

Thanks! Honestly it's hard to take a bad photo of this place  :)
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: francois on May 15, 2026, 03:57:17 am
Wonderful images. White Sands is a very special place.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Three hours until sunset, at White Sands National Park, NM.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 16, 2026, 03:28:20 am
Nice set.