Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: KeithR on April 18, 2026, 05:32:19 pm
-
I recently purchased a NIB Epson SC P800 (to replace one I messed up) and after following the quick set up guide by removing all the blue tape, it was plugged in, selected the language (English) and the ink bay cover is supposed to open to insert the ink carts, but instead I get an error code 0x1126 and have to shut it down. Any Ideas what might be causing this or remedies?
-
I don't take much notice of Quick Start Guides. Check the User Manual and pretty sure you need to press the Menu Option "Open Ink cover".
-
The head isn't moving into the right position. Did you miss some tape? If you got everything unplugged, let it sit for a while, and try again. Better?
-
This is a part of a note that I put into the box to send it back to the seller. They sent an RMA shipping label to return it.
I sent an email to Epson and explained what happened. They replied that to make sure nothing was blocking the print head. After a careful 2nd look to make sure there was there was nothing to impede the head, I turned the printer on. At that point the print head moved maybe a half an inch, made a grinding sound, stopped and went back to its home position. Again, I contacted Epson and this is their reply:
Based off your description you have provided, the issue sounds like the carriage lock may not be disengaging. In this particular case this would require replacement usually.
So far I've had the printer out of box, followed the set-up instructions and still haven't been able to even put the ink carts in.
Today, FedEx notified me that it had been delivered. The seller had indicated that once they checked out the printer, they would send a replacement. I'm awaiting their reply.
-
That Epson model has not been made since 2020. Is it possible they purchased a whole case of the reconditioned ones from Epson?
Otherwise where would they get these nib models?