Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on February 13, 2026, 01:52:38 pm

Title: Epson SC-P7500 roll paper
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 13, 2026, 01:52:38 pm
I've had this beast for a while but have been printing cut sheets. I'm now using roll paper. After each print, it feeds, and so wastes, about 3-4 inches of paper before cutting. I've set everything I can see in EMI to minimum (screenshot attached), but it makes no difference.

I'm printing from Lightroom, running on a Mac (latest Sequoia).

What am I missing? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Epson SC-P7500 roll paper
Post by: dgberg on February 14, 2026, 07:54:17 am
Did you try?
Lightroom
Printer Options
Roll Paper Settings
Double Cut
Title: Re: Epson SC-P7500 roll paper
Post by: Gryphon69 on February 14, 2026, 02:46:35 pm
Check your autocut settings in the printer driver: Single Cut is the setting that eliminates gaps between prints and should minimize roll paper wastage.
Title: Re: Epson SC-P7500 roll paper
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 17, 2026, 01:43:57 pm
Both single and double cut options are disabled in the popup: all I can select is Off and Normal.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Epson SC-P7500 roll paper
Post by: Gryphon69 on February 19, 2026, 09:16:49 am
That’s odd. Are you sure you have the latest driver and FW version? Have you also checked if you can select either mode on the printer’s LCD screen (Menu > Printer Settings > Paper Source Settings > Roll Paper)? I think the settings in the driver override those in the printer’s control panel, but it may be worth checking anyway. And lastly, are you printing borderless or with borders? I think in the former case you may have fewer autocut options available, but you should still be able to select double cut as mentioned by Dan.