Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: plasakow on January 18, 2026, 02:37:58 pm
-
After a routine OS update on 2020 M1 Mac Mini, no matter what size I specify in QImage or in the system print dialog, the result is a truncated 8.5 x 11 print. I've updated to the OS 26 HP driver, and tried changing default page sizes in CUPS 2.3.4. Setting the paper size and the print dialog to the same size will change the output so it's larger, but will still truncate the image, and only part of the page is used.
The HP PS driver works, but processing is insanely slow and prohibitive for my purposes.
I know, I know... use a legacy printer and you're taking risks. There's a hundred good reasons why I want to keep using my Z3200s, though. For the moment I'm printing from a 14-year old Macbook, but that's not a long-term solution since I really need Photoshop and the print drivers to be on the same platform.
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear 'em.
Meanwhile: if you're running a Z-series Designjet from a Mac using the HP Designjet PCL driver, do not upgrade to OS 26.2 until this is figured out.
-
You've probably already tried this, but I wonder if un/reinstalling the printer/driver package would help?
I realize it's apples-and-coconuts but in Windows land I've had occasional OS updates magically bork something, and un/reinstalling the printer and driver package has "fixed" it. I speculate that some OS updates inadvertently trample on files/configs that these legacy printers still need, and reinstalling them helps restore that.
Either way, hope you're able to find a solution, they're still fantastic machines. I wish I had the dev smarts to produce my own updated drivers for them.