Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vanderloo on January 11, 2026, 12:41:56 pm
-
Hi All.
Happy New Year!
I'm trying to get re-educated on setting up photos for print. I just got and set up my new Epson 5370 and I'm trying to find the best printing procedure and here's where I'm at-
I've always preferred editing in Lightroom and then opening in photoshop to fine tune. I used to prefer printing from lightroom but I'm now thinking there are more options available printing from Photoshop.
Watching some vids on Youtube, they advocated exporting from Lightroom as a .tiff. Opening in photoshop and finishing the fine tune edits and printing from there.
That doesn't seem right to me, (correct me if I'm wrong).
I would think opening in photoshop from lightroom, (as a smart object?). Editing from there and saving as a high res .tiff. Then set up the print preferences from there in photoshop and send to printer.
Am I correct in my assumptions? Any comments or corrections are welcome.
"I may not be a smart object but I hope to be some day"
Thank You
-
The Lightroom Classic print module is worth the price of admission; stick with it. And no, for printing alone, there are fewer options in Photoshop. Print Templates in LR are your friend.
-
Epson Print Layout is simple and effective if all you want is a print from a file; It can be called from PS as a plugin or used as a standalone.
The advantage of EPL is that it handles color management effortlessly. You never see a normal print dialog.
-
The advantage of EPL is that it handles color management effortlessly. You never see a normal print dialog.
So does Lightroom Classic.