Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: KLaban on December 06, 2025, 09:36:34 am

Title: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 06, 2025, 09:36:34 am
Another previously unprocessed file. A pilgrim traveler in front of The Hotel Rivera Palace.

(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Hotel_Rivera_Palace.jpg)
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: degrub on December 06, 2025, 11:44:52 am
"guilt by association"
Great mood shot.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 07, 2025, 01:51:36 pm
Lovely shot. Could you perhaps lighten his face a little?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 07, 2025, 02:49:18 pm
Lovely shot. Could you perhaps lighten his face a little?

Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy. I could but I don't think it needs it. If I lightened his face where do I stop, should I also lighten the hands?

As always, small jpeg files aren't the best way to judge and view images on screen. In a perfect world I'd perhaps create various versions of the file but life is too short. The file represented here is simply a resized version of the full size file, which is my go to methodology and the basis of all my judgments. I could of course upload a 100% crop of his face, but again, life is too short.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 07, 2025, 03:18:50 pm
OK, here's a 100% crop, but even then LuLa might crop the file.

The point is many here won't be viewing on calibrated devices, many will be viewing on phones and tablets, Lord only knows what they will be seeing and frankly I don't think I should care.
;-)

(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Face_Crop.jpg)
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 07, 2025, 05:33:33 pm
"guilt by association"
Great mood shot.

Thank you, degrub.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 08, 2025, 08:32:47 am
Lovely shot. Could you perhaps lighten his face a little?...

Jeremy, you must have spent too much time in photo clubs' critique sessions ;)

Good shot, Keith!
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 08, 2025, 10:18:21 am
Jeremy, you must have spent too much time in photo clubs' critique sessions ;)

Good shot, Keith!

Thanks, Slobodan, much appreciated.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 08, 2025, 01:13:30 pm
Jeremy, you must have spent too much time in photo clubs' critique sessions ;)

Slobodan, you are undoubtedly right - and I'm now a judge, which will make me even worse.

Keith, it looks a lot better at 100%. I withdraw my suggestion!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 08, 2025, 01:25:14 pm
Thanks, Jeremy.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: francois on December 09, 2025, 04:38:43 am
Very powerful image. Every element in this shot is important and contributes fully.
Bravo, really.
Title: Re: Hotel Rivera Palace
Post by: KLaban on December 09, 2025, 04:45:06 am
Very powerful image. Every element in this shot is important and contributes fully.
Bravo, really.

Francois, many thanks.