Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Discussing Photographic Styles => Topic started by: Rob C on November 28, 2025, 02:05:43 pm

Title: Edward Burra
Post by: Rob C on November 28, 2025, 02:05:43 pm
Not a photographer, but a painter. However, the video that the link gives you, does come with some interesting long lens shots that I find very effective in telling the story. Maybe I just like long focal lengths, but anyway, you learn more from painting than from snaps. Also, my favourite “art” tv presenter.

Forgive me for that last bit, Keith! ;-)

Enjoy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4BoLh8xgOdI&si=c7KmVM1MeGRBJ9iK
Title: Re: Edward Burra
Post by: KLaban on November 28, 2025, 05:07:11 pm
Not a photographer, but a painter. However, the video that the link gives you, does come with some interesting long lens shots that I find very effective in telling the story. Maybe I just like long focal lengths, but anyway, you learn more from painting than from snaps. Also, my favourite “art” tv presenter.

Forgive me for that last bit, Keith! ;-)

Enjoy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4BoLh8xgOdI&si=c7KmVM1MeGRBJ9iK

Edward Burra, one of my influences and a source of inspiration when I was a budding painter. My father had many books featuring Burra's work so it was inevitable that I would succumb. Still a huge fan.

Andrew Graham Dixon...not so much.

;-)