Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Steve Hendrix on November 11, 2025, 01:59:17 pm
-
PSA regarding CF Express cards. I know some are successfully using 1TB cards, but nonetheless this real world episode hits that abstinence may be worthwhile. Brad also covers the use of Sony Tough cards ...
https://www.captureintegration.com/hasselblad-x2d-ii-907x-100c-cfexpress-card-warning/ (https://www.captureintegration.com/hasselblad-x2d-ii-907x-100c-cfexpress-card-warning/)
Steve Hendrix
[email protected]
-
I rely on the 1TB SSD but before going on a trip to India I bought a Sandisk 64 GB Type B card just in case the SSD failed on my X2D. This was specifically recommended by Hasselblad as one of the 3 cards supported. However after formatting it in the camera I immediately got an error message saying that the card was not supported. Nonetheless it was recognised and recorded images without any problems. I made probably a dozen of so images on it just to test it out and it worked fine. Needless to say the internal SSD didn't fail and so I recorded all my images on that.
But I then sold my X2D and bought the X2Dii and without really thinking about it inserted it into the new camera. I didn't think to format it in the X2D before selling and just inserted it into the X2Dii. Slightly to my annoyance the X2Dii, set to record to the internal SSD, started numbering images sequentially from the last number on the card. So my 1st image on the new X2D ii was number around 3,000. I suppose it doesn't really matter but somehow I was rather annoyed.
-
Who would need a 1TB card anyway? That is 5000 images without downloading. The camera doesn't do video. I upgraded my X1D to 128G cards and they never get filled so 512G for an X2D is more than ample. I always shoot to two cards.