Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Other Raw Converters => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on November 01, 2025, 09:02:11 pm
-
I use DXO Photolab 8 to process my raw images. One of its features is that it has modules to automatically correct lens flaws such as pin cushion, barrel distortion ( or combinations of these). I purchased a Pentax FA 400 mm lens to use on my GFX 100S that I will use with a Fringer auto focus adapter. Does anyone know if DXO will know to apply Pentax lens corrections?
thanks
Dave
-
Probably not. From what I can remember DXO will only apply the correction if it's a supported lens and body combination that is recorded in the EXIF info.
I think I went through this when I bought PL5 and had problems with unsupported lenses or, worse, misidentified lenses. Maybe the latest version is better ? given their support's responses to me I'd doubt it.
-
Thanks. The adapter is due to be delivered Tuesday. I will test the adapted lenses.
Dave