Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: PeterAit on October 31, 2025, 09:46:28 am

Title: Snapshot scanning
Post by: PeterAit on October 31, 2025, 09:46:28 am
I have hundreds of color snapshots from back in the days of film. I want to scan a lot of them but what a chore - I have an Epson Perfection 750. I have vague memories of scanning software that would let you scan as many prints as would fit on the scanner glass, then automatically save them as separate files. Anyone know what program this is?
Title: Re: Snapshot scanning
Post by: degrub on October 31, 2025, 11:17:32 am
Try EpsonScan

https://www.reddit.com/r/Epson/comments/11vwoua/scanning_multiple_images_at_once_and_saving_them/
Title: Re: Snapshot scanning
Post by: Rhossydd on October 31, 2025, 11:30:52 am
Or just shoot them with a DSLR with a copy stand type arrangement. You can grab the images as fast as you can swap the prints over.
Title: Re: Snapshot scanning
Post by: Anthony.Ralph on October 31, 2025, 08:18:54 pm
I have hundreds of color snapshots from back in the days of film. I want to scan a lot of them but what a chore - I have an Epson Perfection 750. I have vague memories of scanning software that would let you scan as many prints as would fit on the scanner glass, then automatically save them as separate files. Anyone know what program this is?

Vuescan?

Anthony
Title: Re: Snapshot scanning
Post by: Mark D Segal on January 10, 2026, 10:05:30 am
Peter, if by any chance you still have the negatives associated with those photos, you'll get much better quality outcomes camera-scanning the negatives and converting/editing them using NegativeLabPro in Lightroom.