Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Camera Raw Q&A => Topic started by: earlybird on October 23, 2025, 02:52:52 pm

Title: How do I know if ACR is using the correct camera profile?
Post by: earlybird on October 23, 2025, 02:52:52 pm

Hi,
 I have two cameras.

 I use a Canon 5DSR with a DIY custom made profile in Adobe Camera RAW.

 The Canon 5DSR settings are my default.

 I have a Canon 7DmkII and would like to use the camera profile that Adobe provides.

 When I open a .CR2 from the 7DmkII I get a warning: "profile is not installed, rendering is incorrect." because the 5DSR profile is part of my default.

 When I "Browse..." I have the option to select Camera Matching with selections that include Faithful, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Monochrome.

 Should I assume that Camera Matching means that ACR has recognized the .CR2 file as originating on a Canon 7DmkII.

 How do I know that ACR recognizes the Camera as the 7DmkII?

 Is the particular camera labeled somewhere?

 Thank you.
Title: Re: How do I know if ACR is using the correct camera profile?
Post by: digitaldog on October 23, 2025, 06:47:03 pm
In a word, yes; Lightroom Classic recognizes the camera make and model and applies profiles only to that camera.