Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mcpix on September 22, 2025, 02:15:34 pm

Title: New Canon 2600 jiggles while printing
Post by: mcpix on September 22, 2025, 02:15:34 pm
I've got my new Canon 2600 printer set up and printing, and so far everything looks great. It does however, "jiggle" as the print head moves back and forth. Is this normal? Is there a setting I should change? I also did a 16x24 with no borders and it was rock solid, without any jiggling. Thanks!
Title: Re: New Canon 2600 jiggles while printing
Post by: dgberg on September 22, 2025, 02:51:43 pm
My Pro 4600 moves all over the place..
Title: Re: New Canon 2600 jiggles while printing
Post by: mcpix on September 22, 2025, 03:06:31 pm
My Pro 4600 moves all over the place..
Ok, good to know. I guess I was just used to my 44" 8300 that didn't seem to move at all. I went back and checked out another borderless print and it does jiggle a tiny bit, but less than a print that doesn't print to the edge.
Title: Re: New Canon 2600 jiggles while printing
Post by: Lessbones on September 22, 2025, 04:09:16 pm
yeah, this has concerned me on my 9400s, but i've never felt like there was a particular breakdown in image quality because of it.  The servos that drive the carriage are quite sensitive, and update the positioning in real time, so there is some compensation there, but physical rigidity is always a better starting point
Title: Re: New Canon 2600 jiggles while printing
Post by: Kyle Jackson on September 22, 2025, 07:27:18 pm
I jiggle when I print too lol  ;D  But yeah the HP Z3100 / Z3200 printers also shake quite a bit on their stands. Just part of the dance.