Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: 149113 on September 18, 2025, 12:36:07 pm

Title: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on September 18, 2025, 12:36:07 pm
HP Z3200ps. Getting error 22.1.10 during startup. Can't get any further than that. Any suggestion?
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: degrub on September 18, 2025, 01:36:11 pm
i believe the diagnostic / troubleshooting guide is online for that printer .
Have you tried searching with google ?
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on September 18, 2025, 02:01:05 pm
i believe the diagnostic / troubleshooting guide is online for that printer .
Have you tried searching with google ?

Yes that is the first place I went. It seems the error is tied to the ink supply station on the left side. I have the .pdf service guide as well.

What is unclear and why I am asking the question is to obtain some first hand knowledge on either fixing the existing unit or replacement experience for this part. Secondly, I need to understand if this error is just indicative of something larger and will require more than just repair/replacement of the ISS unit which will ultimately result in deciding to abandon the repair entirely and seek another z3200 on the used market
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: degrub on September 18, 2025, 04:08:18 pm
PM Kyle D Jackson or wait for him to see this thread. He has a lot of knowledge of these printers.
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on September 18, 2025, 04:37:14 pm
PM Kyle D Jackson or wait for him to see this thread. He has a lot of knowledge of these printers.

Will do
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: Kyle Jackson on September 18, 2025, 04:47:56 pm
I actually have very little, just cursed with a good memory lol.

Yeah my first stop is always the service manual, and also checking here and general Google.

Some error codes are thrown intermittently so I always do a hard reboot to see if it persists. Since this one mentions ink delivery, make sure you have good working ink carts and printheads. And if it hasn't been done recently, weigh the heads to check for air, and purge any air from the ink tubes and reprime the heads. See recent threads for details.

The service manual also has some tests you can run to check the ink cartridge "bongos" etc are working correctly.

Also forum post is always preferred to PM so everyone can participate and benefit. Personally I tend to ignore PM unless it's something very specific between 2 users (sharing files, etc).
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on September 19, 2025, 11:01:20 am
I actually have very little, just cursed with a good memory lol.

Yeah my first stop is always the service manual, and also checking here and general Google.

Some error codes are thrown intermittently so I always do a hard reboot to see if it persists. Since this one mentions ink delivery, make sure you have good working ink carts and printheads. And if it hasn't been done recently, weigh the heads to check for air, and purge any air from the ink tubes and reprime the heads. See recent threads for details.

The service manual also has some tests you can run to check the ink cartridge "bongos" etc are working correctly.

Also forum post is always preferred to PM so everyone can participate and benefit. Personally I tend to ignore PM unless it's something very specific between 2 users (sharing files, etc).

Thanks Kyle. I pulled all the carts but it made no difference on the boot up. It throws the error whether you have carts in or not. I suspect the boot sequence checks the ISS before the others. The error 22.1.10 error is unrecoverable in the sense that there is no way around it. No tests you can run that I am aware of short of a maint mode boot up that can be enabled by pressing or holding keys while simultaneously powering on

I ordered the part to replace the existing one. But I have been down this road before with other electronic repairs where the error and suggested part replacement were not the real fix but indicative of a much more expensive issue. We'll see what happens when the part is replaced next week
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: Kyle Jackson on September 19, 2025, 08:37:19 pm
No tests you can run that I am aware of short of a maint mode boot up that can be enabled by pressing or holding keys while simultaneously powering on

Yes those are the service tests that I'm referring to, they're in the Service Manual. They let you test a number of hardware parts of the printer to help narrow down the problem. Although not always conclusive (sometimes get false positives for an unrelated issue), I think still worth trying them before spending on parts. There is an Ink Delivery System test. Whether or not it gives any more useful info, I don't know.

Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: plasakow on September 20, 2025, 08:10:46 pm
Link to the manual in case anyone still needs it:
http://robogravure.com/hp-designjet-Z3200-service-manual.pdf
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on September 24, 2025, 01:45:58 pm
Yes those are the service tests that I'm referring to, they're in the Service Manual. They let you test a number of hardware parts of the printer to help narrow down the problem. Although not always conclusive (sometimes get false positives for an unrelated issue), I think still worth trying them before spending on parts. There is an Ink Delivery System test. Whether or not it gives any more useful info, I don't know.

I ran the IDS test. Same error 22.1.10 which indicated that the left ISS has failed
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: Kyle Jackson on September 24, 2025, 07:21:38 pm
I ran the IDS test. Same error 22.1.10 which indicated that the left ISS has failed

That sucks  :-\ I wonder what happened to it?
Title: Re: Z3200ps error 22.1.10
Post by: 149113 on October 05, 2025, 01:31:56 am
That sucks  :-\ I wonder what happened to it?

Not sure but I got the part. Just need to carve out a few hours to replace it and then see if it makes a difference