Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sm906 on September 12, 2025, 12:26:15 pm
-
Hi there,
after a while I started printing again and had to install the new, well the latest HP printer driver*, to make use of my HP Z3200. As before, setting up a new document format is still a puzzle for me, so there are some document formats I'd like to delete, because they finally do not make much sense.
Since there is no way to delete document formats from within the driver, I assume they are stored somewhere in the file system, where is should be possible to do it manually.
Does someone know where this location is, or is there even a way to do it from within the driver?
Kind regards, Thomas
----
* Windows 10 64bit
-
what is the trash can located here (circled) for ?
-
after a while I started printing again and had to install the new, well the latest HP printer driver*, to make use of my HP Z3200.
In my experience the older "V2" drivers are better because they are dedicated drivers for our specific printer models. The later V3 / V4 drivers are universal drivers and many features of our printers aren't supported. I'm using the 2012 driver package.
-
what is the trash can located here (circled) for ?
degrub,
that does only delete the preset (Voreinstellung) that uses the "Dokumentformat" as basis, which I want to delete. The Dokumentformat is forming the list to choose the paper format from.
Kind regards, Thomas
-
In my experience the older "V2" drivers are better because they are dedicated drivers for our specific printer models. The later V3 / V4 drivers are universal drivers and many features of our printers aren't supported. I'm using the 2012 driver package.
Kyle,
did you succeed to make the old driver work on Windows 10 or 11? I had problems doing so lately.
Kind regards, Thomas
-
Hi, I don't know if it's possible to delete any of the pre-installed document formats that are included with the driver. I always create my own formats and I ignore the rest of them.
Yes I use the 2012 drivers on Win 10, and I have seen other users report here that they also use Win 11 okay (I forget which driver version they use). Currently I have only 1 issue with this setup. When printing from Photoshop, if I try to access the Printer Properties a second time, I get an error message that the "printer does not exist". I might reinstall the drivers to see if it fixes it.
-
In my experience the older "V2" drivers are better because they are dedicated drivers for our specific printer models. The later V3 / V4 drivers are universal drivers and many features of our printers aren't supported. I'm using the 2012 driver package.
Kyle,
as for the older V2 drivers: Do you know where to downlaod these still today? The older drivers that did no longer work correctly for me are HP_Utility 1.15 and 1.17.
And, does driver V2 allow for deleting already stored paper formats?
Kind regards, Thomas
-
Kyle,
as for the older V2 drivers: Do you know where to downlaod these still today? The older drivers that did no longer work correctly for me are HP_Utility 1.15 and 1.17.
And, does driver V2 allow for deleting already stored paper formats?
Kind regards, Thomas
Unfortunately HP doesn't have them online anymore. I'm away on travel so can't send them to you right now. You could try googling a driver site to see if it's posted somewhere (obviously be careful it's a trustworthy site). The version I use for my 24" Z3200ps Rev B is 61.121.362.41 (the "12" indicates it's from 2012).
I don't remember the driver letting us delete the pre-installed paper formats.