Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on September 03, 2025, 12:27:55 pm

Title: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: MattBurt on September 03, 2025, 12:27:55 pm
I was passing by here recently and had to stop and check it out like I do just about every time. Pretty low hanging fruit if you're here anyway.
It's low but still looking nice. I like all the little cascades at this level. I was also happy a person stood up there to add a sense of scale. Photos of this don't always do justice to just how big that drop is.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54760829496_098e0a6330_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2rr2yLG)
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 03, 2025, 02:12:49 pm
The person to add scale is absolutely necessary!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: francois on September 05, 2025, 03:08:15 am
Wonderful and it's true that the person at the top gives an idea of the height of those falls.
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: MattBurt on September 05, 2025, 05:35:00 pm
The person to add scale is absolutely necessary!

Jeremy

Wonderful and it's true that the person at the top gives an idea of the height of those falls.

Indeed! When the water is high you wouldn't want to be there although off to the side could work.
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 07, 2025, 05:07:17 pm
An especially nice complex cascade half way down. Worth a zoom?
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: MattBurt on September 07, 2025, 05:57:24 pm
An especially nice complex cascade half way down. Worth a zoom?

Maybe, there are limited good vantage points and that tree would kind of disrupt this POV if zoomed in more.
But with enough mm's I think there is another spot that would work. It's a couple of hours away from home so I can't just go real quick but I'll keep that in mind when I'm there next.
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 08, 2025, 05:17:24 pm
...that tree would kind of disrupt this POV if zoomed in...

Yes. I'm jealous of my landscape painter friends who simply look at a landscape and add or subtract to taste. Hope you post your next effort.
Title: Re: Low water at North Clear Creek Falls
Post by: MattBurt on September 08, 2025, 06:00:32 pm
Yes. I'm jealous of my landscape painter friends who simply look at a landscape and add or subtract to taste. Hope you post your next effort.

I was a landscape painter before focusing on photography (no pun intended). The part about freedom to add or subtract elements is great but everything else is way more work than taking a photo!