Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 24, 2025, 12:25:57 pm

Title: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 24, 2025, 12:25:57 pm
Took this shot on a tour of the US two years ago and finally, after all that time, I finally got around to finding time to worl on this image.

Hope you like  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: francois on August 26, 2025, 04:58:21 am
Pleasant reflection… I like the colors and the movement in the water is just right.
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 28, 2025, 11:26:33 pm
Excellent result.
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: soharaus on September 02, 2025, 12:50:20 pm
Lovely image with beautiful autumnal tones. Do you remember when in fall you went to Colorado for the colors?
Thanks,
PR
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: MattBurt on September 02, 2025, 12:59:03 pm
I like the impressionistic look!

Colors are starting already around here so it's looking a little early this year.
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on September 03, 2025, 05:20:08 pm
Thanks everyone, I am so glad you like it  ;)

Lovely image with beautiful autumnal tones. Do you remember when in fall you went to Colorado for the colors?
Thanks,
PR

We went for a month long tour and the month was October. So I assume this was around the 10th to 15th, as it was about half way through the holiday.

Hope this helps..  :D

Dave
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: MattBurt on September 08, 2025, 06:16:58 pm
I hear the South Rim road has reopened after the fire. I'm going to try and visit a favorite tree there sometime soon...
Title: Re: Black Canyon of the Gunnison (USA) - reflections of Fall
Post by: soharaus on September 21, 2025, 06:42:58 pm
Thanks for the info David regarding the time of the year. MattBurt please post updates regarding the colors. That would be very helpful for people planning to visit.