Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 14, 2025, 01:50:31 pm
-
I spent the night in this valley trying to get some meteor photos Tuesday night. It was a nice calm evening and kind of chilly with the temps dipping into the 30s F. I saw a few bright meteors but they were out of the frame or between shots or otherwise not captured.
So here are some mostly non-meteor photos from the outing.
Smoky sunset
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54719516038_ebf7986969_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2rnnPHG)
A stack of several hundred shots with some small meteors included but nothing all that impressive.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54719391004_82b2e977aa_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2rnnbxW)
Smoky sunrise the next morning.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54720762220_f4cd5cbb83_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2rnudaA)
Even though it was a "failed" mission it was fun to do. I'll keep trying as I can...
-
excellent stack.. impressive.
-
excellent stack.. impressive.
Thanks! As it turns out I did get some meteors and was able to make a reasonable edit out of 5 of the best frames.
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=144979.0