Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Endeavour on August 05, 2025, 12:13:21 pm
-
trying to load 13 x 19" sheet into my z3100ps
when I put the paper in, it feeds through and does a couple of checks, then continues to feed the sheet - until it drops out of the printer. It keeps trying to feed until eventually says "paper too big" and wants me to unload it, even though there is no paper loaded anymore
anyone seen this before?
-
just add, the paper sheet loads fine if I select it as a 'roll' when loading - very odd
-
ugh I think its the dreaded out of paper sensor. I took it out and noticed the spring is very weak and it hardly returns back up, so its probably not detecting that the paper has passed it, causing it to think the paper is continuing
thats very annoying, to have to spend about $50 because of a stupid little spring which is probably worth $0.000001
-
I haven't used cut sheets and I'm not familiar with that part and it's failure modes, but wondering if it's possible to gently stretch the spring to increase it's length slightly to maybe fix it? Or put a small spacer under one end of the spring. I've occasionally fixed spring-loaded things this way.
-
a small spacer might buy you some time. Once the "spring" in spring steel starts to collapse, stretching just hastens the demise.
-
they are ridiculously tiny, like a mm or two in length. you'd need one of those remote open heart surgery devices to be able to manipulate those springs
its just a crap (& expensive) design to the problem
-
Any chance you could post a photo of the part with the spring? Curious to see what it looks like. Especially useful if some of us end up with the same issue.
-
(https://i.ibb.co/bghDKt5h/oop.jpg)
With a loonie for scale :)
you can see the two springs
this is the part:
https://www.lpscomputer.com/products/out-of-paper-sensor-oops-for-t-z-printers-q5669-67068-q5669-67801-q5669-60676
-
spacer solution won't work there. Those are torsion springs. Twisters. One looks fatal.
Buy the replacement unit.
-
Tiny!! :o
-
Just to add here, I wasnt going to pay LPS shipping costs (and extra fees) for a tiny sensor so looked on ebay. There were a couple for sale, but unfortunately the US now all seem to use Ebay International Shipping, which is truly awful. it can take a month to get from the states to Canada. Loads of reports online about packages sitting in Illinois for weeks at a time
Joyously I have found a place 30 min drive away which had the sensor in stock (as well as other designjet parts) so for us Canadians/Ontarians there is: https://p1inmotion.com/
-
Joyously I have found a place 30 min drive away which had the sensor in stock (as well as other designjet parts) so for us Canadians/Ontarians there is: https://p1inmotion.com/
Hey thanks for that! Always great to find "local" (in-country) supply of parts! The prices don't seem ridiculous either. I notice a few things say "refurbished" but as long as they stand behind the sale, I'm happy.