Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Les Sparks on July 14, 2025, 03:49:01 pm
-
My EPSON 3880 has suddenly stopped communicating with my WINDOWs 11 computer via ethernet connection. I've checked cables and all connections appear to be OK. I've reinstalled the EPSON network software. Nothing has worked. The printer still works fine and I would like to get to back in communication with my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I contacted EPSON and was basically told the printer is too old and they don't have suggestions.
I've tried QIMAGE, LR and Photoshop for printing
Thanks for any help.
Les
-
Were there any updates to Windows after the last time it worked ?
DO you see sync and power lights on the ethernet receptacle on both devices ?
Is this direct connect or through a switch or other device ? or wireless ?
Have you tried pinging the printer from a CMD window on windows ? Just need to know the printer IP address. The PC has to be on the same subnet as the printer e.g. 192.168.x.Y where 192.168.x must match on both and Y is different.
-
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. The printer and the computer are connected via router. The green light at the printer network is solid green.
There have been several Windows 11 updates but the printer and computer still communicated.
I will completely reinstall everything. Epson suggested using the Windows 10 drivers since they don't have a package for Windows 11.
Thanks again.