Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Eric Brody on July 13, 2025, 08:42:34 pm
-
I am running Lightroom Classic 14.4 on an M1 MacBook Pro with Sequoia 15.5, 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD.
When I try to adjust the degree of noise reduction in the detail panel, I am unable to do so. If I click on denoise, it runs the denoise at the center location of the slider. I am unable to move the slider to either increase or decrease the noise reduction. The slider is "greyed out."
FWIW, I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom Classic to no avail. I've also restarted the laptop with no change.
Am I alone in this?
Thanks for any help.
Best,
Eric
-
Same with me. LR Classic 14.4 with Sequoia 15.5 on M1 iMac
Jonathan
-
Just to clarify, are you saying the slider is greyed out before you apply denoise AND after you apply denoise?
If it's before denoise only (so that you might want to run denoise at say 30% instead of 50%) then that is normal, ie you have to run denoise 1st then adjust the slider.
If it's still greyed out AFTER you run denoise something is up ...
-
Thanks Mike, the slider works after applying Denoise. Moving the slider then does make an immediate difference. My memory is that the slider was adjusted before applying Denoise in the previous version.
Jonathan
-
I'm with Jonathan. It now works as described, run it and then the slider works.
i never thought to look at the slider AFTER I applied it.
I just don't understand why it does not work BEFORE the first application.
I guess that's another question for Adobe. Thanks for solving this perplexing problem.
Eric