Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on June 29, 2025, 10:12:35 am

Title: Summer in Muscat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 29, 2025, 10:12:35 am
Summer time in Oman is equivalent to both high temperatures and humidity. Which means not many occasions to go out and shoot. But a couple of days ago I went out before sunrise to a local beach to make some shots during the low tide. The Khareef, or monsoon from the Indian ocean, is in full swing, leading to overcast skies. Anyway, I roamed for about 1 hour, and ended up with some memories and drenched in sweat. To avoid condensation on the camera, I left it overnight on the balcony to aclimatize.
Title: Re: Summer in Muscat
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 14, 2025, 06:38:52 pm
I think the first shot is compositionally perfect.

Have you tried a mono conversion of this?

As I think it could look really good, as a high contrast black and white.

But which ever which way, I think it is excellent.  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Summer in Muscat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 02, 2025, 12:49:24 am
I think the first shot is compositionally perfect.

Have you tried a mono conversion of this?

As I think it could look really good, as a high contrast black and white.

But which ever which way, I think it is excellent.  :)

Dave

Thanks, I will try it.
Title: Re: Summer in Muscat
Post by: francois on August 06, 2025, 04:25:40 am
Another nice set. I like the light on those seascapes…
Bravo
Title: Re: Summer in Muscat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 21, 2025, 11:03:47 pm
Another nice set. I like the light on those seascapes…
Bravo

Thanks.