Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: larkis on June 25, 2025, 12:31:25 pm

Title: My medium format journey video
Post by: larkis on June 25, 2025, 12:31:25 pm
I have been on the forum for quite some time, but never experimented with youtube. Here is a video about some medium format stuff that some people on here can potentially find interesting. I did add chapter markers so you don't have to put up with all of my rambling, I'm still trying to figure out how to to be comfortable on camera with English not being my first language.

Anyway, here is a link: https://youtu.be/dFopKG2yEjM

Some of the camera purchases over the years have been inspired by people on this forum, and some of you I have met in Antarctica in 2014.
Title: Re: My medium format journey video
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 25, 2025, 01:26:20 pm
Thank you. Very useful.

Especially since we agree: Hasselblad X2D is going to be my lottery-winning splurge ;)
Title: Re: My medium format journey video
Post by: larkis on June 25, 2025, 03:59:56 pm
It's very satisfying to shoot with, but I assume you would get a few cameras if you win the lottery. Or one unicorn fur edition Leica.
Title: Re: My medium format journey video
Post by: Chris Kern on June 25, 2025, 09:01:08 pm
Here is a video about some medium format stuff that some people on here can potentially find interesting.

Clear, comprehensive, and well-expressed.  Medium format is not for me, but I have a much better appreciation for its strengths after watching your video.
Title: Re: My medium format journey video
Post by: bobfriedman on June 26, 2025, 05:37:54 am
very interesting video.. I am completely sold on medium format and wish I could afford full-frame (phase one)... perhaps someday soon.