Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: [email protected] on June 17, 2025, 06:00:44 pm

Title: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: [email protected] on June 17, 2025, 06:00:44 pm
Hi,

I've just updated to i1Profiler 3.8.5, released on June 16th 2025. Upon launching, a warning message is displayed. "The i1Pro 2 family of devices reached end of service on January1, 2025. The i1Pro 2 and i1iO 2 will no longer be supported in i1Profiler beginning January 1, 2026. To upgrade to the i1Pro3, please contact X-Rite sales."

So if you have a perfectly working i1Pro2 and i1iO2 and want to remain using them, I'd suggest you download the previous version just in case:
https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_8_4

Upgrading both the i1Pro2 AND i1iO2 combination to the newer versions will cost you a lot 5595 USD, according to https://www.chromix.com/ColorGear/product.cxsa?toolid=50348
So if your instruments are still in good working condition, it might be cheaper to get other measuring software that still supports them, and export the measurement data to i1Profiler.

Yann
Title: Re: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: digitaldog on June 17, 2025, 06:23:36 pm
Well I upgraded and now I can't get my iSis XL to be seen, even though it works elsewhere. So I'll be on the phone tomorrow with them (ugh), trying to sort that mess out.
Title: Re: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: digitaldog on June 17, 2025, 06:46:43 pm
Well I got the iSis to work, but don't ask me what the trick was. Well OK, if you have an iSis and can't get it to connect with the last release, let me know.
Title: Re: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: PhilipCummins on June 18, 2025, 06:57:04 pm
Good to know as I was just replying in another thread and lo and behold I updated i1Profiler to see the same thing.

Andrew - is that the original i1iSis (ie Rev E)? Hopefully X-Rite can keep these (expensive) bits of hardware going for a lot longer than the i1Pro 1/2.
Title: Re: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: digitaldog on June 18, 2025, 09:32:10 pm
Andrew - is that the original i1iSis (ie Rev E)? Hopefully X-Rite can keep these (expensive) bits of hardware going for a lot longer than the i1Pro 1/2.
iSis XL Rev E.
Title: Re: i1Profiler timebombs i1Pro2 and i1iO2
Post by: PhilipCummins on June 19, 2025, 09:06:58 am
Great thanks - just means they're still usable without any issues with i1Profiler at least until further notice!