Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Frans Waterlander on June 15, 2025, 07:16:23 pm
-
In the thread Goodby Solux, Reply #3 of December 2022 from Czornyj:
"They're produced by EIKO in EU, wonder if they also quit production here:
https://shop.eiko-europe.de/SOLUX/SoLux-Daylight/SoLux-MR16-GU5-3-4700K-10-12V-35W.html
Unless you need UV in SPD I prefer SunLike TRI-R LEDs anyway."
I looked into these seoulsemicon.com Sunlike TRI-R LEDs and their characteristics look very promising for print viewing. Sofar, the only bulbs that use these LEDs that I could find are made by a US company named Norb, norblighting.com, their NorbSMILE models. The NorbSMILE PAR30 in particular looks good.
Have you tested or used these bulbs for print viewing and what did you think of them?
Have you found other bulbs using these LEDs and how did they perform?
What other bulbs are you using to view your prints and why?
-
Personally, I prefer to use Ledvance Sun@home panels
I attach the spectral distribution that I made on it.
of course, no UV that could activate the optical brighteners since there is nothing under 400 nm
-
Personally, I prefer to use Ledvance Sun@home panels
I attach the spectral distribution that I made on it.
of course, no UV that could activate the optical brighteners since there is nothing under 400 nm
That's an impressive set of data that's not available from the European ledvance website. Is the top curve a true SPD curve?
BTW, the US ledvance website (ledvanceus.com) doesn't show those panels.
-
Besides the NorbSMILE bulbs, anybody here aware of other light bulbs using the Sunlike or TRI-R led from Seoul Semiconductor? Judging by the published specifications, these leds look like they outperform any other led type and might be close to matching the obsolete Solux bulbs.
Andrew, interested in evaluating the NorbSMILE bulbs?
-
Andrew, interested in evaluating the NorbSMILE bulbs?
You have this odd repetitive habit of asking questions of others, when your posting history and agenda show/prove, you have no desire or ability to accept any answer. No need to ask. The factual answers provided will be ignored at best, or as is more often the case, you will disagree with the answers without any kind of evidence.
-
You have this odd repetitive habit of asking questions of others, when your posting history and agenda show/prove, you have no desire or ability to accept any answer. No need to ask. The factual answers provided will be ignored at best, or as is more often the case, you will disagree with the answers without any kind of evidence.
Let's not turn this into a pi$$ing contest. You have the equipment to measure spd curves, etc., I don't. All I can do is use the eyeballs and that didn't work out so well with the Sylvania 5000K TruWave bulb that I thought was a good alternative to Solux and you showed it wasn't.
The Seoul Semiconductor Sunlike TRI-R LEDs might be the closest thing to Solux bulbs and we all could find out if somebody did some measurements.
-
Let's not turn this into a pi$$ing contest. You have the equipment to measure spd curves, etc., I don't.
I do. You don't. And you don't recall the pissing contest you started here last time I provided the measurement data. As I said, no need to ask. I have no intention of having you ignore the measurement data again.
-
Andrew, behave yourself.
Jeremy
-
Andrew, behave yourself.
Jeremy
By not taking the bait, I have!
-
By not taking the bait, I have!
The "bait" was an effort to learn about LED lamps that may or may not be the closest to Solux.
-
The "bait" was an effort to learn about LED lamps that may or may not be the closest to Solux.
You will get no assistance from me.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
-
That is more than enough. Thread locked.
Jeremy