Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PeterAit on May 26, 2025, 12:20:45 pm

Title: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Post by: PeterAit on May 26, 2025, 12:20:45 pm
Hi,

My P900 has been idle for many months. I did a nozzle check which was OK, ink levels are fine. But I am getting banding on prints - see image. The bands are 12mm apart. I am using Ilford Gold Fiber Silk paper. Ideas?
Title: Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Post by: digitaldog on May 26, 2025, 10:55:57 pm
Maybe remove each cartridge, gently shake them, and try again.
Title: Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Post by: pluton on July 16, 2025, 04:04:42 pm
 I know this is months late for this thread, but based on Epson 3800/3880, uncheck bi-directional printing, which I think Epson calls "high speed" or something similar. Bi-directional frequently introduces banding in dark/black areas.
Title: Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Post by: Crtaylor on July 27, 2025, 11:15:27 pm
I solved this problem by using the printer touchscreen.  Go to Menu, General Settings, Printer Settings. Scroll down to 'Thick Paper' and ensure it is ON.  The default is OFF.  I turn it to on every time I turn the printer on.