Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Rob C on May 22, 2025, 10:24:27 am
-
With the image attached, I made a white background and repeatedly pasted the mouth photo onto it, trying to space it by eye (no pun etc.), which took forever, and the further into the exercise I went, the more my hand on the mouse went shakey and out of control, and the more difficult it became to keep the spaces looking true.
I am sure that there must be a far better and quicker way of doing this kind of thing, only I have no idea what that way might be.
Anybody out there able to clue me in, please?
Rob
PS
Yes, I know, I could also just make a single strip and then paste that down instead of each of the single images, but this time, I forgot to do that. That said, there must be a quicker way.
-
what editing program ?
-
If you are using Photoshop make sure Snap to Guides is turned on. It's under the View menu
View - Snap
and also
View - Snap to (then verify Guides is checked)
When you drag selections around the edges act as the guides and light up as you get close then the image is pulled to the side of the one you're close to.
They will align perfectly so if you want a thin border between you could add it to the original, or, once an image/layer is selected you can nudge it with the arrow keys. I think it's 1 pixel per nudge and there's another key to increase.
-
Thanks, guys!
I often wondered what that Snap thing was for - now I know!
The system is Photoshop CS2.
-
The system is Photoshop CS2.
Mate, not actually sure what you are trying to do but you are doing it by horse and cart.
The modern program has Select Subject, Select Object and Actions that allow you to automate anything easily.
Replacing backgrounds and pasting anything to pixel accuracy is easy.