Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => iPhone and Mobile Photography => Topic started by: dgberg on April 21, 2025, 08:40:37 pm

Title: Can I print my iPhone pictures large?
Post by: dgberg on April 21, 2025, 08:40:37 pm
Known in the northeast for our wide format and pano large prints we never had many if any request for printing iPhone shots until recently. Even 5 years ago people would call and ask me to print their 2mb shots and I just turned that work away. Boy has that changed with the Topaz and OnOne software that is out today. We now have quite a few iPhone shooters that sell there work and we do all the printing. Two camera stores send us customers from out of our area because they just don’t want to fool with it. Just finished a recent project with 6-35x48” canvas on gatorboard framed. They look amazing and I was concerned because the largest was 4mb. That is just no data but run through Ai Gigapixel and printed at 150ppi on canvas you could never tell they did not come from a 20mp Dslr. No one shoots raw and that would sure help but the technology is just that good
when processing you can get away with JPEG’s. Couple of shots of those big canvas on gatorboard before framing.
Title: Re: Can I print my iPhone pictures large?
Post by: langier on April 22, 2025, 01:41:16 am
I was printing 20x30s from the iPhone 5/6 a decade ago. If the craftsmanship of the image was good, there wasn't anything holding me back.

Today, large prints are a given, With recent smart phones, shooting DNG coupled with the newer/larger 48 MP and larger pixel-count sensors along combined with ACR and Topaz AI, even larger images from these smart phones takes little effort.

If you gotta a nice image from your iPhone, indeed print it large!

Title: Re: Can I print my iPhone pictures large?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 22, 2025, 09:06:00 am
God bless Americans and their big houses and big, empty walls!  :)
Title: Re: Can I print my iPhone pictures large?
Post by: Rob C on April 22, 2025, 09:35:42 am
If I owned one like that, the walls would be covered by book racks, all of them filled with monographs.
Photos? Not so much.

;-) Rob
Title: Re: Can I print my iPhone pictures large?
Post by: dgberg on April 22, 2025, 09:49:33 am
God bless Americans and their big houses and big, empty walls!  :)
You have that right. These family photos went to a large vacation home but they do look good!