Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: narikin on January 28, 2007, 04:46:18 pm

Title: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: narikin on January 28, 2007, 04:46:18 pm
anyone using this and got some feedback to share?

http://www.kapturegroup.com/quad/samples.html (http://www.kapturegroup.com/quad/samples.html)
Title: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: pixjohn on January 28, 2007, 11:43:32 pm
Why not save the work and time and get a Schneider 24xl lens?
Title: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: narikin on January 29, 2007, 10:08:14 am
Quote
Why not save the work and time and get a Schneider 24xl lens?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

let me see, oh yes: because the files will be 1/4 the size ?
Title: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: pixjohn on January 29, 2007, 12:34:24 pm
How would the files be a 1/4 the size? I do believe if you stitch you would have a much bigger file then 1 shot with a 24xl lens?

Quote
let me see, oh yes: because the files will be 1/4 the size ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98083\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: narikin on January 29, 2007, 12:47:47 pm
We're at cross purposes here - I'm not trying to make an ultra wide picture by stitching, but simply wanting to dramatically increase the resolution for bigger images, and would just use a normal 135mm 4x5" lens (of the very best quality) that's all.

If I use the Kapture Group I get 4x P45 files stitched together for far greater resolution/ big prints. i.e. about 440Mb in 8bit, 880mb in 16bit.
Title: Re: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: Myko on March 02, 2012, 10:52:28 am
Take a look at:  www.multistitch.com
Title: Re: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: Dustbak on March 02, 2012, 11:54:19 am
I have used the 'regular' stitching adapter made by Kapturegroup. I found it a very nice piece of equipment to use. Built very solid, a high quality piece of equipment. The guy from Kapturegroup itself is also extremely helpful and friendly.

The files you get from the stitching adapter are extremely easy to stitch without registration failures.

Personally I found the Quad stitching adapter too expensive, this was several years ago maybe the price went down during that time. I was able to find a regular one second hand and went for that.
Title: Re: Kapture Group quadstitch anyone?
Post by: jonathan.lipkin on March 02, 2012, 05:17:04 pm
I agree with the comments made by dustbak. Also, the manufacturer sometimes has units he is trying to clear out of inventory and will sell at a discount. You might want to call him directly.