Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rtlonghitano on March 23, 2025, 04:12:31 pm

Title: SC-P900 / macOS 15.3.2 Sequoia / Mac Studio M4 Max - Epson driver issue
Post by: rtlonghitano on March 23, 2025, 04:12:31 pm
Starting using my new Mac Studio M4 Max I received Friday.  I'm doing a clean install and I'm having issues installing the Epson Driver (SCP900_Lite_64NR2_NA.dmg). I download the file using Safari at the link: 

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/SureColor-Series/Epson-SureColor-P900/s/SPT_C11CH37201?review-filter=macOS+15.x

I'll attach screen shots below of the error.  (I do have a internet connection)

Any advice to how to get around this error?

Thanks,
Rob

(https://i.postimg.cc/X7VmK3xq/Screenshot-2025-03-23-at-3-53-05-PM.png)

(https://i.postimg.cc/SxRP5rBp/Screenshot-2025-03-23-at-3-54-26-PM.png)

(https://i.postimg.cc/4yXL1b6q/Screenshot-2025-03-23-at-3-55-54-PM.png)

(https://i.postimg.cc/K8WWyTb3/Screenshot-2025-03-23-at-3-56-24-PM.png)
Title: Re: SC-P900 / macOS 15.3.2 Sequoia / Mac Studio M4 Max - Epson driver issue
Post by: Chris Kern on March 23, 2025, 07:08:02 pm
Based on the first two screen captures you posted, it appears to me that the Epson software installation utility was unable to connect to the appropriate Epson website in order to download the printer configuration files.  In other words, an Epson problem—presumably temporary—rather than anything on your end.
Title: Re: SC-P900 / macOS 15.3.2 Sequoia / Mac Studio M4 Max - Epson driver issue
Post by: rtlonghitano on March 23, 2025, 10:27:21 pm
Thanks, I’ll give another try in the morning
Title: Re: SC-P900 / macOS 15.3.2 Sequoia / Mac Studio M4 Max - Epson driver issue
Post by: rtlonghitano on March 25, 2025, 09:03:12 am
Based on the first two screen captures you posted, it appears to me that the Epson software installation utility was unable to connect to the appropriate Epson website in order to download the printer configuration files.  In other words, an Epson problem—presumably temporary—rather than anything on your end.

Tried it again last night and was able to install the driver, thanks