Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sharadn on March 17, 2025, 12:53:01 pm
-
I have the good fortune to be married to a Swiss woman and am retired. As such we are spending a lot more time in Switzerland than when I was working. I have a 44" HPZ3200 in the states. I rarely used it up to 44" before this year but was asked by a gallery to make some 30x45 and 40x60 prints. So after having the printer for about 10 years I finally used it to it's full potential. I would like to buy a printer to use here in Switzerland and am thinking after this experience with the gallery to buy another 44" model. I know that I could buy one at Digitec.ch. Any other suggestions? Since I am completely familiar with the HPZ3200 I looked around to see if I could buy a used one here in Switzerland but did not see any possibilities. I would also consider to ship one over here if we decided to bring some of our household goods here as well. I am open to suggestions. TIA
-
No idea about printing and Digitec/Galaxus seems the one shop to sell them. I would try to contact specialized shops like Prophot AG (https://www.profotshop.ch) or maybe (not sure about this one) Fuchs (https://www.fotovideo.ch/) to see if they have any idea.
Sorry I can't help you more.
-
Thank you for the suggestions
-
I have the good fortune to be married to a Swiss woman and am retired. As such we are spending a lot more time in Switzerland than when I was working. I have a 44" HPZ3200 in the states. I rarely used it up to 44" before this year but was asked by a gallery to make some 30x45 and 40x60 prints. So after having the printer for about 10 years I finally used it to it's full potential. I would like to buy a printer to use here in Switzerland and am thinking after this experience with the gallery to buy another 44" model. I know that I could buy one at Digitec.ch. Any other suggestions? Since I am completely familiar with the HPZ3200 I looked around to see if I could buy a used one here in Switzerland but did not see any possibilities. I would also consider to ship one over here if we decided to bring some of our household goods here as well. I am open to suggestions. TIA
There is Cultural Center in Zürich where you can hire a wide format Canon 4600.
https://kulturbuero.ch/zh/
In Adliswill there is a pro studio for digital printing. TriColor. No connection with both though.
Just the result of a recent email exchange with someone and a son living in Swiss for five years now.
Ended my shop in The Netherlands recently and with two Z3200's at a total of 31 years in age, I wonder whether it is wise to keep one running just for myself. Enough spare parts though.
Ernst, op de lei getypt.
-
Ended my shop in The Netherlands recently
:'(
-
PM sent
-
Still working on getting a printer. How about paper?
-
I did find and buy a 44" HPZ3200 printer on Riccardo. All inall it looks to be in nice shape but it has some clogged heads and needs a belt. I have the same printer in the US and have done some repairs including a belt replacement. Since I did purchase it I am now obligated (to myself) to get it up and running. I am not too daunted by this task. I have watched Bob Werts video and also read through Mark Linguists' site more than a few time. He mentions a video by Bryan Glynn for replacing the belt. I cannot seem to find it anywhere? I probably don't need it but I like to gather as much information as possible before starting a project. Does anyone know where I could find this video? TIA
-
I replaced the belt on the printer but I am now getting a paper jam message 86:01. There is no paper in the printer. I cleaned and oiled the carriage rail and cleaned the encoder strip. The menu is in German and I speak English. Is there a way to change the language from the service menu? It will not boot all the way to the main menu.
-
I replaced the belt on the printer but I am now getting a paper jam message 86:01. There is no paper in the printer. I cleaned and oiled the carriage rail and cleaned the encoder strip. The menu is in German and I speak English. Is there a way to change the language from the service menu? It will not boot all the way to the main menu.
Hi, the Service Manual says 86:01 is that the carriage can't move "most likely due to a paper jam", but that wouldn't apply in your case, where it's most likely due to something not being re-assembled correctly after the belt replacement. And if it won't boot into the main menu then I suspect that's the issue. The SM gives a number of things to check for that error code.
I don't see any mention of language settings in the service menus, but you can probably just use the SM as a translator to work your way thru the menus. (Or an online translator.)
You'll probably have to walk-thru your belt replacement again until you discover what's amiss as there's probably a few things that could prevent the carriage from moving properly: attaching the belt to the carriage; the carriage bushing; putting the belt in the tension roller; reconnecting the ribbon cables; etc are things that come to mind.
-
Your Z3200 dates from 2008. Since those days significant progress has been made with inkjet printing, particularly by Canon and Epson, while HP has pretty much vacated that market segment, focusing its efforts more on larger scale machinery for commercial volume production purposes. You may wish to think for example of moving over to a new Epson or Canon machine that suits your size and printing requirements. Both companies have on-line retail stores servicing Zurich. The Epson store appears to have a particularly large selection of current models to choose from.
-
Thank you for your input. I have a Z3200 in the US and wanted to be able to print the same files and have them come out the same on both sides of the Atlantic. I am aware of the choices for new printers. I am not a print shop owner so I have a limited budget. I have also had troubles matching prints from my Epson P900 and the HP so I wanted to avoid this again. I might have to move the printer, so the fact that the Canon printers have to have the ink emptied or the printer cannot be titled more than 20 degrees was also a factor. I like that I can work on the HP and have some experience with working on them already. I cannot do this with the Epson and cannot afford a service contract. The archival qualities of the HP are still exceptional and they are also affordable.