Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on February 27, 2025, 09:19:32 am

Title: Kase K9 Filter Holder Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on February 27, 2025, 09:19:32 am
Good morning,

I am looking into different filter holders and seeking to replace my Lee 100mm filter holder.  This is a very old filter holder that I bought 15 years, the original design that worked well then but is outdated, and I am looking into getting a better one. 

The K9 filter holder from Kase is catching my eye, especially since they have a 95mm ring.  I also like the smaller and compact size of it compared to others. 

First, and as always, I am concerned about the build quality especially as it relates to the rings.  The rings appear pretty cheap to me to be made from a higher quality metal. 

Second, I have 6, 10, and 15 stop Lee ND filters that I would rather not replace at the moment.  These filters have a soft rubber border glued on the underside for light leaks.  Will this get in the way of using them on the K9 system?