Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Peter123 on February 22, 2025, 08:53:42 am

Title: Issue moving folders
Post by: Peter123 on February 22, 2025, 08:53:42 am
I moved all my LR photos to a different drive, 8 folders containing about 30,000 images. When I stated the program it, of course, reported that it could not find the photos. For each folder I used the "find missing folder" command and pointed it to the new location. This worked for all folders except one. This one folder shows the wrong number of photos and will not display any of the images. How can I fix this? Thanks.
Title: Re: Issue moving folders
Post by: Rand47 on February 22, 2025, 10:31:52 am
Try right-clicking on that folder in Library Module and choose “Synchronize Folder.”  If the images are actually in the folder, Lightroom should then see them and include them in the catalog database.

In the future, remember that if you move folders from within Lightroom, it will both move them at the system level, AND not lose contact with them in the Lightroom Catalog.

Rand