Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: shaocaholica on February 12, 2025, 01:43:30 pm
-
I have a local seller who is offering an i1 Pro2 kit for US$550 that's fully licensed and 'low hours'. Is that a good price? I don't think this unit has ever been back to the factory for re-calibration either in its life. Are factory re-calibrations even possible on the i1 Pro2 in 2025? Are factory re-calibrations even necessary for home users?
-
Are factory re-calibrations even necessary for home users?
Get the free i1Diagnostics, run the unit, if it passes, you're fine.
-
Huh interesting. So the i1 Pro 2 can self calibrate? Or at least self check? Does i1Diagnostics work on unlicensed units?
-
It calibrates on it's white tile.
-
It calibrates on it's white tile.
Oh cool thanks. So then is a factory 'hardware' calibration even a thing that X-rite (used) to offer? I recall reading off hand it was a thing but people rarely did it and no idea what cost it would have been.
-
The factory calibration isn't something a 'home user' or someone not in the professional measuring world needs to worry about. Expensive and, for the most part, unnecessary.
-
The white tile calibration, is that a white chip tile on the colorcheker or the white of the paper you're profiling? I'm assuming its a known good chip.
-
The white tile calibration, is that a white chip tile on the colorcheker or the white of the paper you're profiling? I'm assuming its a known good chip.
Neither is the white chip that comes with the Spectrophotometer. In the base of which the Spectrophotometer sits.
-
Like this.
-
Yes that's the White Calibration tile. Make sure the S/N of the base & the i1Pro2 match. i1 Diagnostics should show what licenses are available + hours used, but use i1Profiler to check to be absolutely sure, the i1Pro 2's came in Basic (Display Profiling only), Photo (adds RGB Printer Profiling) and Publish (adds CMYK Printer Profiling) as well as OEM models (no licensing, or licensed for a non-X-Rite product).
-
If it comes with Publish version of the license, then $550 is a steal!
-
I agree. I would jump at that deal.